Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Church House Drama

On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays I go walking with some friends at the church house we let the kids play in the gym and then walk around it. Today the kids where chasing each other in the hall and Addison ran into a classroom and shut the door. The door has no door knob. On the inside is a round ball and Addison couldn't turn the knob. So for twenty minutes or so we sat there and tried to get the door open with our keys and what not. I sat and talked to Addison singing songs and having her try the knob every once and awhile. I then started to have her tell me stories as we were trying to figure a way to get the door open. One of the ladies ran home and got her husband and he sat for a good ten minutes trying to get the knob open. I decided to call my dad due to the fact of working with stuff like that I called him and he came right over and took maybe five minutes and popped the door open for us. I was so happy to see my little girls face, and very proud of her for being such a trooper not crying and being scared. She gave me a big hug and said HI MOM what a girl. I had her thank Grandpa and the other guy for helping her get out. I think she deserves Ice Cream for being so brave.

2 comments:

Michelle W. Nate said...

Glad she was not upset, but how was her pregnant mommy?....Glad it didn't last too long.

Paul, Cammie Jo, and Raegan said...

Glad you were able to get her out!What a story!!