Saturday, June 28, 2008

5K

I have been very amazed at the way I have stuck to running especialy after Heather left me to myself to run. I will admit that I do get bored running by myself but It has completely helped me with my stress level and my energy level has been boosted. Granted that I am tired by 9:30 but I think that has to do with up at 5 to run. Today I ran a 5K race it was more for fun but I ran the whole thing. I have to say YES!! HIP HIP HORAY for me. I tried to stay up with a lady I know but she has been training for a marathon and just ran it so she had told me that she was going to run slow and just take it easy yeah right I stayed pace with her the first half and when we turned around she picked up the speed took off so I tried but I just laughed and said no way I'll just stay at my pace. I finished 5 with a time of 35 mintues not the best time for me but they put a hill right at the end which in my opion is wrong dead wrong. I didn't make the course so we'll see I hope to run at least two more the next couple of weeks. Sorry about the bragging but I was just excited that I did it and completed my goal for the summer.

4 comments:

Tanielle said...

Sweet! Great job at making these awesome goals and accomplishing them to boot! You do have bragging rights!

Jen said...

Yea! Congrats. I knew you would do well.

Burbank Family said...

Yea thanks. I have now signed up for the 5K in Salt Lake during the 24th celebration. I am Nuts

ronda said...

Way to go Amy! Good luck on the 24th. You do have to be nuts to run, but now that I can't run I feel like I'm going nuts. Keep it up for as long as you can.