Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Boy Parts.

Yes I did label that right. And Yes we finally had the discussion of what are boy parts in our house this past week. Yes I was totally and completely uncomfortable about discussing boy parts with my girls, I knew that we would have the discussion I have been reading on how to discuss it and what to call the parts girls and boys and how to NOT be embarrassed. Well none of the advice helped when the time came, I think I was getting excited that the girls had not noticed. When we told the girls that the baby was a boy K'Lee asked how we could tell and at that time we told her that we would show her how when the baby came home. She never asked after Tucker came home, so I thought I was home free WRONG again kids love throwing you a loop don't they. So the conversation went like this.
K'Lee "Mom what is that between Tuckers legs."
ME. "UMM."
Addison "Yeah mom what is that."
Me. " Well that is Tucker's boy parts"
K'Lee and Addison" Well what's it's name."
Me (thinking in my head crap, crap, crap)" Well there are several names for it but it's called the Penis." Yes I called it by the correct name I figured if I changed the name I would have a ton of other questions.
K'Lee " Oh well then what is our girls parts called." Yes we just called them girl parts.
Me. " Well the girl parts are call the vagina."
Addison " Mom can we tell our friends what girl and boy parts are called."
Me "NO NO NO this is something that we just keep in the home."
By this point I am sweating feeling rather nausea about the whole thing and thinking what the crap are my kids going to be telling their friends,teachers and so forth.
So now the talk is been done about how boys are girls are different. Maybe now I can tag team and TJ can the sex talk right?
I love kids. Now just hope they are not telling their friends. When I was having this talk I was thinking of Kindergarten Cop and the weird twin girls standing up and telling Arnold what girls and boys have YIKES!! Is all I can say.

3 comments:

The Burbank Family said...

This is funny. We just had a similar question from my girls. We were babysitting a little one year old boy. When the girls insisted on helping change his diaper they noticed the difference. Of course not even remotely prepared I didn't have such a good conversation about it. Natalie thought he was hurt and that was why he had things looking so different. You rock and did much better than I did.

Anonymous said...

wow you are brave! Seth doesn't even know the correct name for his parts....
How is running going! I hope it will quit raining for you so you can have your morning run. I know I'll miss running, but I hope to run a little ways once I'm all healed up. See you on Thu. when we come visit teach :)

Jen said...

Don't you love the questions kids ask! I figure it's better to just use the real names and then threaten them with their lives if they talk about it out of the house!