Monday, November 17, 2008

Moments

OK I had a new moments yesterday. After church and dinner we all went down for a nap YES! We received a phone call from a friend saying something was happening in our ward so We got up looked outside. There was a cop car at TJ grandparents house TJ grabbed shoes and left I was watching wondering and watching for someone to come tell me what was going on. TJ came home looked kinda shell shocked and said that grandpa had died from falling down some celler stairs. I looked and said he's not suppose to go down there but grandpa has a mind of his own he said find someone for the girls and come down. I called my mom and then proceed to get ready to walk over. The moment was this K'Lee looked at me and said mom it's ok Jesus is taking care of grandpa and someday we will get to see him again ok thats when I was so grateful for the gospel and the teaching of it. She is such a comfort for me. Even when I think she's not listening she is and it is actually sticking in that little girls head. I know we will miss him but at the same time a comfort to know that he is ok and I have K'Lee to remind me of that.

5 comments:

~Our Family~ said...

Wow, K'lee's take on that made the tears come to my eyes.. It is so true, us adults just think about the pain and loss of someone we love we don't stop to really think about that HF is watching over them now... at least in the now when we sit and think later)I'm so sorry you your guys loss.. I will pray for you family that you will find the love and peace that you need to get through this.. Much love to you guys...

Jenny said...

How sweet! Little kids are so close to the spirit :)

Tanielle said...

So sorry about your loss. K'lee is such a sweetheart. Sometimes our kiddos say just the right things at just the right times!

Our Family said...

We are always focused on our kids needing us and it shocks us in those moments where they remind us just how much we need them! So sorry for your loss. Hugs!

Amber said...

I am really sorry to hear about TJ's grandpa. I hope that your thanksgiving was a great one!