Monday, December 3, 2007

Giving Thanks

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving. I know this year brought a new meaning to giving thanks. We had a little scare with Addison if any of you know that she is a hoover vaccum cleaner. On Wednesday night I was at Grandma Wings house playing cards. K'Lee and cousins were downstairs playing Addison followed I had gone down and told K'Lee to watch her. A little bit later K'Lee came up and said that Addison had something in her mouth and she couldn't get it out so I went down as I got to the bottom of the stairs the cousins were yelling she is blue I ran to her and tried with my fingers to get it but it wouldn't come out so I did the hemlick on her I got it enough to make her throw up I sent K'Lee to get E'leesha she ran up crying and yelling for E'leesha I quickly followed and tried one more time to get it out with the himlick she threw up again and it came out (a washer for a blot). E'leesha grabbed her and said it's out she normal color I was in shock for a bit. Now I'm always checking her mouth and watching her. I have come to be thankful for the himleck manuver and the knowledge that I had to act on it. It bring a new meaning to Thankful. Sorry for the ramble, I found myself reflecting on what can I be thankful for. I have now been writing in a journal on what I'm thankful for everyday. I hope that as a person I can be more grateful for things in my life and not what I don't have. Sending a happy thanksgiving late. Have happy holidays

2 comments:

Ace said...

Wow. That's a crazy story. I'm glad that you were able to get it out and that everything is okay. I'm really paranoid about that sort of stuff. Luckily you and E'leesha were able to do some quick thinking and that K'Lee was great enough to come and tell you!! You must have guardian angels watching out for you!

Burbank Family said...

Yes we do I know in my heart that there was someone there helping us.