Friday, April 8, 2011

Tips

Since I posted about TJ and I becoming debt free. I have had a lot of friends and family tell me to post tips and ideas on how we did this. So I am going to do that along with our family doing. But I would also like ideas on what you want to know. And if you have any questions please leave them for me here.And I will research and tell you what has worked for our family. This is a learning process but it is also lots of fun. Right now my tip for you all out there. Is a Budget! Every month sit down with your spouse and go through your bills and family expenses and make sure all your money has a category. Here is a example.
House Payment: $$$
Groceries: $$$
Electrical: $$$
Water:$$$
Car Payments: $$$
These are the first things that need to be paid: Make sure your Family is taken care of, Roof over head, Food to fill the bellies, I hope you get the drift.
Then start with the others'
Credit Cards ( if you have them )
Student Loans or any other loans out there you have.
The First budget is hard but you also need to be flexible if you need to change numbers so be it but always remember be flexible and the money needs to be spent in it's own spot and category. I hope this helps a little I am already working on some more tips and things I have learned through this process. I will post more along with my family and their adventures. If you have any suggestions or questions please leave them I would love to hear them.

2 comments:

The Burbank Family said...

I am curious how you figured out the food cost for your budget. I have the hardest time with that. Usually I under estimate. I go to the store and prices have increased so much that I break my budget. How do you do that as well as still stock up when case lot sales are going on?

Burbank Family said...

On my budget I have a menu for two weeks and go off of that. We have a spot for case lot sales. So during the year we are putting $10 or whatever into that catergory for when case lot comes on then I don't have to dip into my grocery money. When we first started the budget we were always under we just kept track for about three months and to a over all average of what we spent in those three months. I hope that helps you.