Monday, September 27, 2010

Life Goals

Ok I have goal amazing I know. But the first was to run a half marathon, this year was the year that I made it happen. I ran a couple of races before that the first was the Freedom run in Hyrum on the 3rd of July, And then on the 24th I did a 5k with K'Lee and then proceeded to run the Park City half on the 21st of August. I figured I would need a reward for that and what better way to do that then to go shopping after right. I made my time in 2 hours and 11 minutes which was a way better time then I set for myself, not going to post that time. I was very excited to say that I did it and I don't hate running and I want to continue with the half marathons and other races and just work in better times for myself. The second goal I did not know I had was climbing Mount Borah which is the tallest peak in Idaho. Boyd ( TJ dad) wanted to do it and it became a family thing, TJ who did not do anything but get of the couch climbed, Jer(TJ brother) and Jen (Jer's wife) and I who have been running and training for half marathons, and Boyd who had been hiking and a little running. Cindy and my sister Jamie came and watched the kids bless them for that. We climbed and made it to the top. I will not be doing that again, I want to say this yes I am glad I did it, No it is not something I want to do again I am ok with small hikes and running but for me the Mount Borah thing and walking over a snow bridge and climbing uphill the whole way and having swollen knees at the end just not my cup of tea.
So I have learned two things about myself.
One I Love to run I love that my mind can shut off and I can just run and enjoy the peaceful feeling and I am a better mother for that. I love the fact that I can watch the sunrise and smell the sweet air of Cub River and enjoy it.
Two. When I put my mind toward something I can do it and I become intense on making it happen. I love the feeling of accomplishment when I finish it.
So goals in my life are good. And I love making those goals happen.

No comments: